Marc Jacobs is back! Every once in a while, we all fall in and out of love with designers or brands. Ten years ago, my fashion crush was Marc Jacobs. Cool, edgy, so New York for a French provincial girl like me. I used to dream about their shoes, the cut of their jackets, their handbags... I know, pretty sad. Anyway, I could not afford much of it at the time of course, having just started to work. But I remember waiting for that last week of the sales, when all prices are sacrificed. And I would try and get my hands on pretty much anything from the brand. I would even buy shoes too big for me. The mouse flats, the butterfly sandals, the patent kitten heels with large velvet bows... I loved them all. And I have kept them all.
Then with time, I grew disappointed of their new collections. None of their accessories really caught my eyes. The shoes in particular all seemed pretty rough and sad. After a while, MJ entered Cover Mum oblivion. And I moved on to other brands.
Marc Jacobs SS16 and FW16
But recently, I started noticing Marc Jacobs again. It all started with this handbag...
The perfect cross-body handbag: right shape and size, practical, amazing mix of colours but more importantly, fun and perky. And at £250, the price is pretty reasonable compared to other designers' price range. It's obviously more suited for casual attires but it definitely brings some life to your outfits!
Unfortunately, this particular style seems to have sold out. I have not been able to find it on line or in store (Mayfair) but the snapshot shoulder bag is still available in other colours at Harvey Nichols for example. And the good news is it's not just the bags. Their shoes and clothes range are also totally refreshing and addictive. There are massive sales on their SS16 collection (up to 70% on mytheresa) so would definitely recommend a browse. And I have spotted a few very interesting pieces in their FW16 collection. All of which is listed below.
1. Embellished Silk Shirt, £197 (50% off) - could not resist this one, will post about it
2. Embellished Wool and Cashmere Jumper, £364 (70% off) - I am in awe of this incredible jumper...
3. Striped Cotton Top, £69 (40% off) - the cool basic we all need
5. Bow-embellished gingham cotton-jersey sweatshirt, £225 - the perfect twist to gingham
6. Coated Leather Glitter Pumps, £295 - cute alternative from the Gucci metallic pumps that we have see a lot
7. Gingham cotton shirt with appliqué, £305 - another brilliant re-interpretation of gingham
8. Zip-front Denim Jacket, £425 - wear to work and/or over the weekend, you decide!